Thursday, March 22, 2012

Autoimmune Awareness Month

Hey Y'all,


Just a quick post.  

Did you know that March is National Autoimmune Awareness Month?  Well, it is! I just found out last night.
So I thought I would give you a couple facts on Autoimmune diseases.
There are over 100 Autoimmune diseases including Hashimotos, Graves disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn's  Disease, and Celiacs , just to name a few.
Did you know that Hashimotos and Graves Disease (both thyroid related) are the two most common in the US?  
Here is an article from Mary Shoman with more facts and info about autoimmune disorders and an Autoimmune checklist.  

Have a great weekend!!! 
Fun tip:  Try to speak in an accent all day!  I have done this with my kids, it was a BLAST! We have done an  English accent.  I also like to go Southern.  I have yet to try something hard like Scottish.  My husband is really great at this and makes us laugh pretty hard because he will stay in character for a looooong time and not mess up.  Super funny!!!  Give it a try!  It will bring some fun to your day!










No comments:

Post a Comment