Sunday, March 18, 2012

Love Thy Tricky Thyroid

Love Thy Tricky Thyroid!


Lets not be mad at our tricky thyroids!  Lets help them out a little and try to get them to work as good as they possibly can!  


Here's how we can do that.


Try to get as much sleep as possible.  Especially if you are the working out type like me. Every body needs time to rest. Especially those with weakened immune systems.  If I have worked out by lifting weights, or even just walked on the treadmill, I need almost twice as much time to recover than the average Joe. So,  I try to start my night/sleep routine at  9pm.  I shower at night to relax my body.  By the time I am ready for bed I am ready to fall asleep.  I am usually asleep by  10:30 at the latest.   Sleeeeep!  It's good for our tricky little thyroids.  


I know I said this in my last post, and I don't want to be naggy , but I just think everyone should at least try eating gluten free and vegan for a little while and see how you feel.  What's the harm in trying?  You'll feel good?  You'll have more energy?  Don't be scared!  It's tough making the switch, but you will feel better.  I think after feeling bad for so long, you start to forget what good feels like.  Give it a try!


I saw some news the other day on the TODAY show that was on eating red and processed meats causing cancer and other inflammatory diseases.  I also found the article on AOL too.  Here it is:


http://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-and-nutrition/0313/red-meat-can-be-unhealthy-study-suggests.aspx

YAAAAAAYAAAA!  Just sayin!!!!  


I know that some people looking at this blog may be from the bodybuilding community.  If you have Hashimotos or any other autoimmune or inflammatory disease, and you are thinking about going vegan and you have questions like "Where will I get the protein? I need to build muscle"  please go to www.veganbodybuilding.com.  There are some great eating plans on this site that are even geared for competition time.  


Speaking of competition,  for those of you who are looking for a goal, or want someone to help you get started in getting fit, please check out my sister Chelcea's facebook page, www.facebook.com/boogysmalls.  She is a professional fitness competitor with the WBFF, and trains men and women to reach their fitness goals.  Whether that be, becoming a fitness pro too, or just losing weight and feeling better.  Don't be intimidated!  She is beautiful and crazy fit, but Chelcea is a very genuine lady, and wants to help anyone who asks for her guidance.  


Back to me now! Just kidding! No, for real though!
When I am able to work out more regularly, I use Vega Protein.  The Vega brand is gluten free, dairy free, and plant based.  Definitely a great option for adding more protein.  


And the best way to Love Thy Tricky Thyroid, is to stay positive and patient.  You won't get better overnight.  Give it time.  And put in your very best effort to make your thyroid work the way it's supposed to.  The most important lesson God gave me with this disease is patience.  Don't expect results right away.  Do the very best you can, and know that if you put in all the hard work it WILL pay off.  


Proverbs 17:22 (ESV)
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.


Don't let anything crush you.  Let go and let God.  He won't crush you, He will lift you up and give you hope.







1 comment:

  1. Hi I stumbled across your blog last night quite late so I haven't had a good look around.
    I am from Australia and I have hashi's.
    What brought me to your blog was a desperate search for a fitness competitor/model with hashi's and Angelas name came up.
    I have messaged your sister on Facebook and I am hoping the message doesn't go in her "others" folder. Maybe you could give her the heads up to check there just in case it has.
    Thanks so much.
    Sal :)

    ReplyDelete