Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cha - Cha- Cha- Chia!!!

Hey Y'all,
I hope you had a great Easter weekend last week!  


So this week I have not been feeling so hot.  I had some sort of respiratory issue.  My torso felt like it was on fire on the inside and it was tight and just plain crappy!  By Wednesday I had had enough and decided to start eating Chia Seeds hoping that was gonna help.  I have heard that chia seeds reduce inflammation. And to my surprise, Thursday afternoon (I had already added 3 tablespoons to my morning green smoothies on Wednesday and Thursday), I was feeling much better.  They are expensive little suckers, but well worth it.  I have been on the up and up for the last couple of days now, so of course I'm going to recommend that if you are having some inflammation anywhere, try adding chia seeds to your food and see if it helps. I think I will probably start alternating between flax and chia seeds.  Here are a couple of links with suggestions as to how you can incorporate them into your diet and also some information on how beneficial these little seeds are.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-pirello/change-your-life-with-chi_b_446413.html

http://www.thechiaseed.com/

Happy Tricky Thyroids!

No comments:

Post a Comment