Thursday, April 5, 2012

Meaning to my madness!

Hey Kids,
There is meaning to my madness.  I want y'all to know that I went through a process of going vegan and gluten free.  I haven't always been this crazy about food.  God truly prepared me for this drastic change before I got diagnosed, so I was a little more prepared to jump in and tackle the diet part of Hashimotos.  I started eating organic about two years prior to the Hashimotos diagnosis. And about a year before the Hashimotos, I really started getting into the gluten free research.  It all started with the curiosity of what are all of the additives and preservatives about?  What are they made from?  How does it effect my body? And what about the pesticides?  What do they do to the body?  What are they made from?   So I started reading labels and if there was something in the ingredients list that I couldn't pronounce, I didn't buy it. Try that one the next time you're at the store.  And if sugar was one of the first 3 ingredients I didn't buy it. Which is a hard thing to do when you LOOOOOVE chocolate.  Anything chocolate.  Oreos.....Gone.  Cocoa Krispies.....Gone! But believe it or not, all of my sugar cravings went away once my body was more pH balanced, which happens when you stop eating sugar and processed foods.  Anyways, this article is by Dr. Joesph Mercola.   He has been on the Dr. Oz show a few times and I really like him.  He gives great information.  I hope you find this to be as helpful as I did.


Happy Thyroids Y'all!!!


P.S. - The video on this link is not free anymore.  Sorry!  But all of the info in the article is great.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/03/24/hungry-for-change.aspx?e_cid=20120324_DNL_art_1

No comments:

Post a Comment